Saturday 12 February 2011

NEWS: Fair Isle Trip Report (October 2010) Now Published!

FAIR ISLE TRIP REPORT NOW PUBLISHED!

This is my third 'page' that I have published, and that's right, it's of my Fair Isle Trip Report from October 2010, which I can only describe as so good that it took absolutely ages to write about! The trip report includes in-depth analysis on each day spent on Fair Isle and the birds seen on those days, plus my very own photos of the birds and the landscapes there.

To read the report please click the tab below my title photo that says 'Fair Isle Trip Report'. I would really appreciate any comments or feedback you may have on the content on the report and your thoughts on it. However, you aren't actually able to comment in the actual page itself, so....
ALL COMMENTS ON THE TRIP REPORT ARE TO BE POSTED HERE!!!

Thank you very much, I will look forward to your thoughts and I hope you enjoy the report!

Joseph Nichols

7 comments:

  1. Hi Joseph

    I've just read your Fair Isle trip account - what a great trip you had. Good photos, too! I enjoyed reading that!

    I want to visit Fair Isle one day, I've just not got round to making the long journey north from the south of England.

    Cheers
    Fay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joseph , that was a really sensational trip you had on Fair Isle , good photos too .
    atb
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great read. bear me in mind next time you fancy a trip to Shetland! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello folks,

    Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it and seeing the photos - you're all definitely correct about it being a sensational trip.

    I reccomend that you do take the journey up there at some point Fay, for any birder it it is truly an experience of a lifetime, even if you don't have a fantastic trip the atmosphere there is just so unique. And Liam, I will bear you in mind!

    If any one else has any comments on the Fair Isle Trip Report they would be much appreciated!

    Thanks very much,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Brilliant mate! Fantastic writing, very absorbing. I have to say I felt as if I was there with you! I wish I had of been haha ;) those are birds I can only dream of! 10/10 mate keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joseph
    I got your message about my blog and I want to say thanks very much. I am now following your blog. Looking through your blog I have seen some great photos and I particularly like your photo of the Long-eared owl from Fair Isle. A bird I have dreamed of seeing but never quite succeeded. Good luck with birding.

    All the best

    Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Taylor and Lucas,

    Thank you very much for your kind words on my Fair Isle trip report and Lucas also for your comments on my blog. Taylor, I'm glad I made you feel like you were actally there with me, that is something I always try and do when I write my blog! Lucas, thank you for complimenting my photos and I'm glad you like my photos of the Long-eared Owl on my trip report, I am very proud of those images myself, but most of all astonished by how I was able to get so close to such a magnificent and elusive species!

    All the Best,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete